We provide legal advice and representation in the following areas, click to learn more.
Children’s Court, Childcare and Family Law
We represent children in the Children’s court sitting in Smithfield and the Circuit and Superior Courts. We are a firm with a strong human rights focus and advocating for children is a key part of our practice.
- Advise juveniles detained at Garda Stations and provide a 24 hours on call service allowing children to have immediate advice when detained.
- Represent juveniles in Children’s court sitting in Smithfield and throughout the country,
- Advise and represent children within the asylum process,
- Advice and representation in family law district court matters involving maintenance, access orders, safety and barring orders,
- Free Legal Aid in family law matters.
We provide a professional and specialised service in all areas of criminal defence law. We have extensive experience in everything from minor public order offences in the District Court to the most serious of offences in the Central Criminal Court. Our services include;
- 24 hour service to attend at Garda Stations when clients are in Garda custody,
- We represent clients in bail applications in the District Court, High Court and Supreme Court,
- We offer advice and representation in appeals to all courts,
- Representation at the criminal courts in all types of cases; road traffic offences, public order, theft, fraud, sexual offences and more,
- Criminal Assets Bureau, Proceeds of Crime and Police Property Applications,
- Health and Safety prosecutions, social welfare prosecutions and more.
- Free Legal Aid in criminal matters.
Extradition and European Arrest Warrant
We offer advice and representation to clients facing a request by another State for their extradition. Another State may seek the extradition of a person to stand trial in the requesting State or to serve a sentence. This process can be distressing and we are in a position to provide early advice in relation to the grounds upon which the extradition application may be defeated. Our expert services include;
- Early legal advice,
- Advice and representation in the High Court when seeking bail,
- Advice and representation in contesting State applications to extradite in the High Court.
Our firm has a deep rooted human rights focus and we have valuable experience in the area of administrative law and judicial review. We advise on all matters pertaining to Judicial Review including matters relating to the following;
- Decision of the State or State body,
- Wrongful arrest or detention,
- Review of bail application decisions,
- Refusal of refugee status.
We are experts in the area of prison law and can provide advice and representation across a range of legal issues such as;
- Mistreatment in custody and personal injury,
- Breach of constitutional rights pertaining to prison conditions,
- Compassionate bail applications,
- Loss of remission,
- Poor conditions and medical issues.
Road Traffic Offences
We specialise in defending clients who receive summons to court for road traffic offences. These offences may appear minor but may entail a mandatory or consequential driving disqualification upon conviction. We provide clear advice in ordinary language and understand the stress caused by a requirement to attend court.
We defend clients in all road traffic offences including;
- drink and drug driving,
- dangerous and careless driving,
- driving with insurance, licence, motor tax or NCT,
- penalty points offences,
- restoration of driving licence.
If you have suffered an injury or loss due to the fault of others, you should seek advice about bringing a claim for damages. We have a huge wealth of experience dealing with personal injury claims of all types.
The following are some of the claims involved in personal injury;
- Accidents in public places,
- Accidents at work,
- Air, rail and sea accidents,
- Cycling accident claims,
- Construction work accident claims,
- Garda compensation claims,
- Product liability claims,
- Road traffic accident claims,
- Slip, trips and falls.
Whether you are a business or an individual the value of your reputation cannot be overstated. In Ireland the right to ones good name is protected by the Constitution and the Defamation Act 2009. Defamation can be an oral or written statement, a visual image, sound or gesture, that tends to injure a person’s reputation in the eyes of reasonable members of society. This is a complex area of law which requires specialised legal advice. If you are concerned that your reputation has been damaged contact us, we offer specialised confidential advice.
Asylum and Immigration
We provide expert advice for asylum seekers. Siobhan is a member of the legal aid board private practitioners panel in respect of asylum cases and has valuable experience making representations to the Office of the Refugee Applications Commissioner, Refugee Appeal Tribunal and the Minister for Justice and Equality on behalf of asylum seekers. We specialise in the following areas;
- Represent and assist clients through all stages of the asylum process,
- Represent at Interview and Refugee Appeal Tribunal hearing,
- Subsidiary Protection,
- Leave to Remain,
- Challenge deportation orders,
- Family reunification,
- Visa applications and green cards,
- Long term and permanent residency,
- Naturalisation and citizenship.